Returning to Ohio State

What are the steps to return?

  • You should contact the college you were enrolled in when you left OR contact the college that offers the program you are interested in pursuing if you have decided to change your major. Each college is responsible for returning a student from a leave of absence, as long as the student has not been dismissed from the university (or dismissed from a program) and is eligible to enroll in the unit's program.
  • Contact the Buckeye Link to discuss financial aid and/or fee matters.
  • Log into your Buckeye Link to check for holds and to change necessary information like address and/or phone number.
  • If you plan to live on-campus, you should contact University Housing.
  • If you plan on living off-campus, you should contact the Off-Campus and Commuter Student Engagement office for additional information.
  • If you took course-work at another institution(s), be sure to send each transcript to the Office of Admissions. For address:
  • If you were dismissed from the university you will have to petition for reinstatement with either the college you were enrolled in or with the college you are interested in. If you were dismissed from a regional campus you need to contact an advisor from that regional campus to talk about the petition process.