Full-time academic advisors and staff with advising-related responsibilities
Traditional lecture with Q&A throughout each presentation.
Representatives from University Exploration, Student Advocacy, Counseling and Consultation, Disability Services, Student Wellness Center, and the Dennis Learning Center.
October and March
- (Comprehension) Describe services for the following offices: University Exploration, Student Advocacy, Counseling and Consultation Service, Disability Services, Student Wellness Center, and the Dennis Learning Center.
- (Comprehension) Summarize one example of when you might refer a student to one office versus another.
- (Comprehension) Explain at least one protocol to use when collaborating on an academic process (e.g., a registration petition).
Aspects of Advisor Training and Development
This particular session aligns with the following aspects of advisor training and development.
Purpose of Session
Informational and Developmental
Essential Advising Skill(s)
- Attend to individual inquiries and problems, explore appropriate resolutions, and identify relevant resources
- Follow policies and procedures at multiple levels (unit, university, FERPA, etc.)
Student Learning Outcome(s)
Knows about university support services and uses them when needed