Student Success Platform
Connecting students, faculty and advisors to better support students and reduce time-to-degree.
Starting Monday, January 11, you will start to see changes to the OnCourse User Interface. These changes are outlined in this document: UI Updates.
This document is a guide to help you identify students who are/are not enrolled in the next term: Is Your Student Enrolled?
Also, our next OnCourse Lunch and Learn is January 5 at 12:00PM. We will be discussing the changes coming to OnCourse along with timely interventions you can use throughout the semester. Please register through BuckeyeLearn.
If you have any questions, please email us at OnCourse@osu.edu.
Important information regarding OnCourse and platform updates:
- Due to the current SIS system-wide updates, SIS information in OnCourse may experience a 48-hour delay.
- If a student is scheduled for an appointment that falls outside the staff member's availability, the student will not receive the zoom link or special instructions included in the availability through the confirmation or reminder emails.
- Reports that pull a large number or results have been fixed and will no longer error out.
- Also in reporting, it is now possible to select a course from the course list.
- The next Lunch and Learn session will take place on January 5 from 12:00 1:00 PM. We will be discussing Timely Interventions you can use in your units along with upcoming changes coming to OnCourse in 2021. You can register for the session through BuckeyeLearn.
1. The Financial Responsibility Statement category in OnCourse is not functioning properly. We are working to resolve the issue.
2. There are some changes coming to OnCourse over the next six months, including a new interface and updated virtual drop-ins in January, and a new student scheduling system in May 2021. All changes will be available to test in the training site starting Thursday, November 26 and we invite you to look over the changes and tell us what you think.
3. Our next Lunch and Learn session (Dec. 1 @ 12:00 pm) will be an Ambassador Spotlight featuring Zayd Abukar from ODI. He will be discussing how he used OnCourse reporting and analytics in connection with ODI Tutoring services. You can register for the session here: BuckeyeLearn Registration (you must be logged into BuckeyeLearn to use this link). Recordings of all Lunch and Learn sessions can be found here: OnCourse Lunch and Learn Recordings.
Enrollment window tags have been added to OnCourse. You are now able to search for student enrollment windows for the Spring 2021 semester. The tags are labeled: Enrollment Window SP21: followed by the date the student's enrollment window opens. This document will walk you through how to use the new tags. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request access to OnCourse
Our process to request access to OnCourse has changed. To submit a request you will now fill out the form located on our request access page. New users need to complete the Institutional Data Policy training, the FERPA tutorial and the OnCourse: Learning the Basics training on BuckeyeLearn before submitting the form.
Request data and research
There is now a request data and research form located on our website. The data and research request form should be used if your department/unit would like to explore data points related to a project or interest area.
New virtual check-in and drop-in functions
OnCourse now has virtual check-in and drop-in functionality. To learn how to use these functions, please view our user guide: Check-in/Drop-in User Guide. If you have questions or would like to set up this functionality for your office, please email us at email@example.com.