Student Success Platform
Connecting students, faculty and advisors to better support students and reduce time-to-degree.
The Transition and Academic Growth (TAG) team will host informational sessions on our cutting-edge student success efforts. We've got the perfect blend of innovation and academic support for you, and we call it OnCourse. The university's enterprise student success platform is not just a tool; it's a journey toward academic excellence and student success. Join us for a 4-part webinar series, the OnCourse 101 Webinar Series 2024, as we unveil the magic behind this transformative platform.
- A recent update to OnCourse now allows the go.osu.edu/oncourse go link to work on iPads.
- Ambassador applications are due April 7. You can find more information here: Application Form
- On April 4 we are having a Lunch and Learn that will focus on Student Communications. This session will go over statistics and best practices when emailing students.
On May 2 we will have a Lunch and Learn about Canva, which is a free online tool that allows you to create visual reports, documents, presentations, charts, etc. The following resources were created in Canva: OnCourse Annual Report, New Unit Information Packet, and Progress Reports SU20.
Register for these sessions on BuckeyeLearn: OnCourse Lunch and Learns (you must be logged into BuckeyeLearn to use this link).
Enrollment Window tags for SU23 have been added in OnCourse.
Several updates are coming to OnCourse on Feb 23. These updates include:
1. Details on the actions triggered by issuing an alert shown while issuing an alert.
2. Additional functionality on the Dashboard page: Movable widgets, ability to refresh widgets, add appointment summaries, send messages to students, and manage appointments.
For more information, please click the link below:
- We have updated the Campus Change: AU21, Commuter and Off-Campus: AU21, Commuter: AU21, Entry Campus, Entry Term: AU21 tags
- Utilization reports for SP 21 and the entire 2020-21 year have been uploaded to our archive: https://advising.osu.edu/oncourse-archive
- The Lunch and Learn topic for Oct. 5 (from 12:00-1:00 PM) has been changed. We will now be showing users the two new Analytic Dashboards (Historical Population Analytics and Historical Course Analytics) coming to OnCourse soon. If you would like to attend, please register through BuckeyeLearn: OnCourse Lunch and Learns (you must be logged into BuckeyeLearn to use this link).
- Due to a data feed error, some student categories were incorrect. This problem has been resolved and a data audit will take place to ensure all categories and other data points have not been affected
August 27, 2021
- The Campus Change AU21 tag has been updated
- We have created a help guide for launching the kiosk that includes what students will see when they check in: Kiosk Guide
- Our next Lunch and Learn zoom session will be on Sept. 7 from 12:00-1:00 PM. We will be doing an overview of the functionality for front-desk staff, including the Appointment Center. If you would like to attend, please register through BuckeyeLearn: OnCourse Lunch and Learns (you must be logged into BuckeyeLearn to use this link).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
New Student Facing Scheduler:
On Monday, May 3, the new student facing scheduler was launched in the production site. (If you DO NOT have students self-schedule with you, this change will not affect you). For Advisors, we have a list of new services that students can see in the scheduler. The previous advising services will not appear for students in the scheduler, therefore you will need to use the new list of services when setting up your availability.
New Dashboard Feature for Staff:
Staff with assigned students, staff who have scheduled appointments, and/or staff who use appointment campaigns will notice a new dashboard feature on your homepage. The dashboard will feature four tiles: 1. My Assigned Students 2. My Assigned Students Activity 3. My Appointment Summaries and 4. My Appointment Campaigns. These tiles will show summaries and charts based on your OnCourse data.