Return to Ohio State

Return to Ohio State

Many students who have left the university later decide that they have either a need or a desire to return. The steps that a student must take to return to the university depend more on the reason for the student's absence than on the reason for the student's return.

Returning After a Leave of Absence

You should contact the advising office you were enrolled in when you left. The advising office returns students from leaves of absence, as long as the student has not been dismissed and is eligible to enroll in the major.

  • If you took coursework at another institution(s), be sure to send each transcript to Ohio State
  • Contact the Buckeye Link office to discuss financial aid and fees
    • Log into your My Buckeye Link account to check for holds and to change personal information like address or phone number
  • If you plan to live on-campus, you should contact University Housing
    • If you plan on living off-campus, you should contact the Off-Campus and Commuter Student Engagement office for additional information

Return after a Dismissal

If you were dismissed from the university you will have to petition for reinstatement with the college that offers the program you want to complete.

  • If you wish to return to a regional campus, you should contact an advisor from that campus to talk about the petition process