Having a hard time focusing on your coursework?
Advisors are always ready to listen and talk through what you are feeling. Begin a conversation with your advisor; they will be able to help you think through the best course of action and will make appropriate referrals.Schedule an Appointment
Other Academic Resources
- Khan Academy
Consider using https://www.khanacademy.org/ for supplemental instruction on topics related to a variety of subjects. Each topic is broken down into smaller, more managable segments.
- Maybe the trouble is online coursework?
- Consider taking a class that can help you learn academic skills
- 2120 - Information Search, Evaluation and Use (2)
- 2121 - Academic Online Research (2)
- 1159 - Online Learning Strategies and Skills (2)
- 1259 - Learning and Motivation Strategies for College Success (3)
- 1359 - Critical Thinking and Collaboration in Online Learning (3)
- 2059 - Becoming a Self-Regulated Learner (2)
- 2060 - Academic Success Strategies for International Students (2)
- Find out if you are eligible to join SpringForward
A summer enrichment program for eligible students after they complete their first year at Ohio State, which includes: a scholarship that covers up to 6 credit hours, additional academic success coursework, one-on-one academic coaching, and one-on-one personalized advising; and ongoing support in the sophomore year and beyond, including a specific STEP cohort, specialized advising, workshops, social events, and more.
Consider if your major/courses is a good fit
Sometimes we've selected career or major that require coursework that isn't a good fit for our skills or interests, leading us to struggle in those courses. Consider talking to a career services to discuss alternative majors or careers.College Career Services Office